Is it possible to pair a Bluetooth Headset with Two Smartphones simultaneously? If you’re an avid reader, then you already know that there are not much headsets out there that can pair with two phones simultaneously. In this article we will try to find the answer, it is actually possible or not.
Bluetooth headsets have become a must-have accessory for most smartphones and other mobile devices. They allow you to stream audio and take advantage of advanced features such as voice dialing. But with so many different kinds of headsets out there, it’s a mystery why some headsets are only compatible with a single phone, while others support up to two. And what’s even more frustrating, is that most devices seem to have a limit on how many paired devices they will accept. In fact, some phones will only allow one device to be paired, even if you have two sets of headphones.
What is Bluetooth Multipoint?
Multipoint was released with Bluetooth 4.0, It is a technology that allows two devices to connect simultaneously. This is very useful if you want to communicate with more than one device at the same time.
For example, you can connect to the Bluetooth Multipoint of your car, and then connect to your phone, or you can connect multiple smartphones simultaneously
How Many Bluetooth Headphones Can Be Connected to a Single Smartphone Device?
In addition to the ones mentioned in the question, there is a limitation to how many Smartphones can be connected simultaneously to the same point. The maximum number of phones that can be connected to a Bluetooth point is two.
Can Bluetooth Connect To Three Devices?
HUAWEI introduced a new technology, that can enable you to connect multiple devices simultaneously in their latest phones runny with EMUI 9, lets see how many brands now offer us the same feature that allows us to connect multiple devices simultaneously
The difference between simple multipoint and advanced multipoint
With the advanced multipoint, you can simultaneously connect to up to two headsets.
You might be able to get away with switching between calls without problems. For example, if you are on a call and the other person calls again, the call will simply switch to that person and not drop any of your other calls.
List of Bluetooth Headsets support Multipoint:
1. Microsoft Surface Headphones 2
2. Bose QuietComfort 35 II
3. Soundcore Life Q30
4. Plantronics – Voyager 5200
5. Aftershokz Aeropex
6. Jabra Motion Office
How To Connect A Headset with Two Devices?
To pair a Bluetooth headset with two devices simultaneously, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Turn on both of the devices that you want to pair with the headset.
2. Press and hold the button that connects the headset to the first device.
3. While holding down the button, press and hold the button that connects the headset to the second device.
4. Release both buttons.
5. Repeat the steps above until the headset is paired with both of the devices.
6. Once the headset is paired with both devices, turn off the first device.
7. Now that the headset is paired with both devices, you can switch between them by pressing the button that connects to the first device.
8. Repeat the steps above to turn off the second device.
9. When you are finished using the headset, turn off the first device.
10. After you turn off the first device, you will be able to pair the headset with the second device.
There are not many headsets that offer the multipoint feature to connect a headset with 2 devices, however, we have shared the list of Headsets that support multipoint if you are looking for one.